Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Remembering #Hujan10Tahun

They say, when you remember the day, don't forget the feelings.

I remember, 
buttoning my overall jeans, which I paired with my fav three-quarter sleeved shirt. It was 31st October, Saturday.

I remember,
my brother Aiman dropped me right in front of KL Live, cuz the day has finally arrived. The day I went to #Hujan10Tahun alone. Flashback to a month before, I was financially naive, not brained enough to buy online tickets. So I had Aiman bought me one the second day they announced that Hujan is gonna have their 10th year anniversary show. 

I remember,
having doubts on what I'm gonna do for living. Quarter-life crisis is real. I did send an application to my dream working place, but I wasn't sure with it. I heard that the company is gonna be the official media partner for #Hujan10Tahun. I've been eyeing for this company for so long. But then again, like I said, I was not sure. "Takpe, lepas balik dari #Hujan10Tahun baru fikir", I tried to give myself a little comfort.

I remember,
the anxiety I had the moment I reached the 3rd floor of KL Live. The roller-coaster rush of seeing people you don't know. I avoided eye-contacts, pretending like I'm looking at the phone when what I stared at is actually a screen with no meaning. I don't have considerable mobile data to kill time with Instagram feed. Fuck. I remember feeling regret for going alone. But then,

I remember, 
the exciting feeling the moment Hujan made a grand entrance with their new single, "Pemicu Gila". I wanted to jump and scream, tapi takde kawan, but I sang along to all the 30 songs they played anyways. I was happy until I remembered that I have to catch the LRT after I'm done. I wish there's someone I can tumpang ke apa. I was at the deepest redha. But there's so many potential familiar faces here somehow. These people, are the people I happened to know few weeks later. I saw the tallest guy in the hall with ear plugs handling a camera, a cool jet-black haired girl who's wearing a cropped sleeves tee giving away free Hujan postcards to attending fans, I think I saw two free-spirited sisters in Hujan tees but I can't really remember, and then there's this man, with potential manic-pixie-dream-guy appearance. He has such a warm smile and he does the "chalit sket" to everyone he sees. And then I thought, "Eh, ni la mamat TAPAU tu! Yang buat TAPAU: The Music, The Road and The Camera!". He came to me, "Alee kan?". Next thing I know, I was hired as an intern. Suddenly everything falls into place. 

I remember,
running into Danny, my friend. He was the only #raingers I know back then. Knowing that I went alone, he selflessly offered me a ride back to Puncak Perdana. I was relieved. On our way back, I told him everything, about how excited I am for the internship. I knew meeting Danny was significant, because two months later, he starred in my mini series project for TAPAUtv, "Kau Memang Special Tapi Dia Double Cheese". Little did I know, that one time I wanted to do an internship as a way to figure out what I'm gonna do with my life, has led me to two-year full time commitment. 

I remember,
that every time I see #Hujan10Tahun videos later on, I'll remember this day. How it all started. I want to remember,


that before TAPAUtv, I was first and foremost, a fan.  


0 review: